Happy Facts of Life
Several years ago I wrote the “Sad Facts” title (link 19) which needs to be balanced to lessen the sour grapes in this “Gospelnote” series. And when I think of all the goodies God has put into life, and the way the Divine connection improves & completes the human, there is plenty to be happy about:
- God truly exists and wishes to hear us when we pray to Him.
- The Bible is true & contains thousands of promises for our best interest.
- God does not play favorites. He is impartial to all that come to Him on His terms.
- Miracles still happen. I have experienced several. See “My Miracles” link 33
- God hears you when you cry. Angels are present when you die.
- It is possible to have good success if you apply the formula: Self-Discipline + Knowledge + Work +
Money Management + FAITH = Success/Freedom. See “Formula for Success” link 83.
- Dreams can come true along with some “story book” fantasies.
- Storms pass over after a while.
- Santa Claus exists in the form of our Lord Jesus. See “Santa Claus” link 127
- God invented dogs for people who are burned out on people. Mark Twain said, “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.” (I’m not sure why God invented cats.)
- The active presence of God enhances life in many ways such as emotional victory, miracles, divine guidance, physical healing & strength, joyfulness, answered prayer, confidence & others. Christians
can cultivate that Divine presence by prayer, Bible study, & worship/fellowship, and rejection of sin & hypocrisy. See “Divine Presence” link 73
- The Gospel (first ref. below) is the central theme of the New Testament, and it’s clear as day for those who are willing to accept it.
The truth of the above “list” is blocked from many who need to know those things. The “world” offers a package of salvation/hope that is false & hollow, and fails people at the time they need it most – life’s sad end. Things such as money, vibrant youth, health & beauty, warm social engagement, self actualization, pride, etc. can be misleading & lack long term “happiness”. And we live in a modern world that tries it’s best to drown out the simple & clear Gospel message that Christ’s salvation brings light & God’s blessing & eternal life in heaven. The following “thoughts” from New & Old Testament scripture give a picture of God’s better plan for us:
- - 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.”
- - Proverbs 18:24 “There are friends who pretend to be friends, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (That would be J.C. & His Spirit.)
- - Psalms 84:11 “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; he bestows favor and honor. No good thing does the Lord withhold from those who walk uprightly.”
- - Lamentations 3:25 “The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.”
- - Romans 8:18 “I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”
- - Romans 8:31 KJV “. . . If God be for us, who can be against us?”
With the Bible as it is FULL of revealed truth and “Happy Facts of Life”, we can all be encouraged. But sincerely accepting Christ’s salvation is the way to make it real. “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:20 Choose Jesus, He is alive.
Many other interesting Titles: www.gospelnotes.net – link 0 is Index * * F. J. Stone * *