Seven Wonders Of Heaven
When we consider the typical condition of man on this planet; carnal pride, religious pride, self sufficient, bound by various worldly habits, profane, bruised and wounded by sin, it’s a “wonder” anyone gets to heaven. Then a lot of folks “wonder” if there really is such a place. But the Blood and Words of J.C. can and will pave the way. (Revelation 1:5 & 6) And I’m sure there are more than seven wonders of heaven, but for this page only seven.
1. The best of God’s creative handy-work will be there. This world may have beauty & majesty in places but heaven outshines and surpasses this planet like comparing Disneyland with a sewer treatment plant.
See 1 Corinthians 2:9
2. There cannot be any money worries in heaven. This world is racked by terrible poverty, and by the contrast of the rich having far too much. Some are starving slaves while others live like kings. This has to be repulsive to God. Maybe that’s why the streets of heaven are paved with gold & the foundation stones of the city are rare jewels. (And then gates of pearl of course.) Revelation 21:19-21
3. There cannot be any medical problems there. This world is replete with physical suffering & frustration. All of my mother’s adult life she was crippled with a stiff leg & arthritis and medical care took most of her income. (Mark 5:25-26) I “saw” her in a spiritual dream 2 years after she died & she walked normal with youthful vigor.
4. There cannot be any prideful or status conscious attitudes there. This world has a monopoly on that stuff. And the ego boosting, lying, stealing, wounding, killing, self aggrandizing “humanness” that we all see too much of here will be completely absent from heaven. Christ’s business here is to transform & clean us up so we can be received into a clean heaven and not spoil it.
5. No unresolved issues of the earthly life will carry on there. Failed love, terrible regrets, enormous guilt from one’s misguided actions, anger at God for being born lame or blind, etc, etc. will not spoil anyone’s joy in heaven. While I expect to have some of my life experience memories there (some of which might not be conducive to heavenly bliss), God has the provision there to sooth & heal all forms of bad memories. How about the trees of life & 12 kinds of fruit mentioned in Revelation chapter 22, “and the leaves for the healing of nations.” I can imagine being in heaven & by surprise meeting someone who ripped me off real bad (or visa versa.) I will say “lets you & me go over there to that beautiful shining fruit tree and eat some leaves together for therapy.” And the raunchy issues between us will be divinely healed forever.
6. No spiritual adversary there “prowling around like a lion (or snake) seeking someone to devour” (and/or possess.) 1 Peter 5:8, Revelation 20
7. Last but not least, seeing Jesus Christ & Biblical characters & redeemed people of this world will be awesome and wonderful. What a trip.
Well, a message like this could not have a finer ending than the words of Christ himself. John 14:1-6 “Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me.” Choose Jesus, he is alive. And look forward to heaven and be blessed on the way.
Many other Titles: www.gospelnotes.net - Link 1 is Index * * F. J. Stone * *