The Con Job
This is a matter of being sold a “bill of goods” and only ending up with paper if that. It is a gimmick that is “old as the hills” starting probably in the garden where the serpent told Eve “Has God said . . .?” That LIE completely changed the course of human & world history. But in everyday applications we have the Con Job on smaller scales:
- Bait & switch where you are sold an item & end up with something of much less value or nothing at all.
- It’s a Con Job when you are in jail long term & someone sends you an elaborate & sophisticated pitch on a kind of bond re-sale which will satisfy the court & get you released for the fee of $4000.
- It’s a Con Job when you buy a build-able lot in HI & then learn island thinkers have engineered six layers of red tape BEYOND normal mainland processes to get a building permit.
- It’s a Con Job when a vocal minority gets the Supreme Court to re-define marriage in the U.S. making what used to be considered “against nature & perverted”, to be O.K. & legal.
- It’s a Con Job when entire U.S. states & nations accept the “medical marijuana” lie, that it is good & useful, and not a matter of dissipation. A horse by any other name is still a horse.
- It’s a Con Job when our universities have presented Darwinian theories & the Big Bang origin of the universe as fact & not just theories. Then too many liberal seminaries promote such unbelief. And today we have a load of ministers who are not believers of the very Book they profess to teach. See “Imposters” link 57
The biggest and most universal CON JOB is in the personal arena where people try to convince God or themselves that their own righteousness w/o Jesus is adequate. The scriptures are adamant about one-way Jesus salvation, and unless folks find a new book of divine wisdom (which are plenteous but false), the CON JOB is accepting something that God has clearly defined as bogus. This CON JOB amounts to losing one’s soul to hell, which is an eternal disaster for the individual.
- “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” Proverbs 14:12
- “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber; . . . I am the door: if any one enters by me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.” John 10: 1 & 9 Jesus said that.
- “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
- “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men . . . and not after Christ.” Colossians 2:8
If you have ever been conned & came up short in a transaction, be sure you are not alone; & you have even God’s sympathy; Hebrews 4:15. But when it comes to our faith arena, connecting with the risen Christ & His blessing for time & eternity is the REAL DEAL. Why let the world & it’s spirit sell you a counterfeit or empty kind of faith. Jeremiah 2:13 "my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns, that can hold no water." Jesus clearly echoes this thought in John 7:37-38. Don’t be conned -- Choose Jesus, He is alive.
Many other interesting titles: www.gospelnotes.net - Link 0 is Index * * F. J. Stone * *