The Flying Woodstove
I like woodstoves. Even had a small shop in Oklahoma & made a few of them. Recently I took the ugliest one of five on hand & made it into a piece of yard art. It’s mounted upside down on top of a mobile home axle, & is balanced with five paddles to catch the wind. It has a flying scorpion above it to complete the charm. My caption in front says; “As the Whirled Burns.”
There is actually some good theology (perhaps a bit negative), represented by this “Flying Woodstove”, especially in this late hour of world history. As the woodstove above is a burning large object, so is the earth with all of its wars, suffering & death. And as my “stove” is balanced in the air & turns, so does the earth in space. The “upside down” speaks of the bizarre age we are living in. Then the flying scorpion is an end time agent of God’s wrath. Revelation Chapter 9.
As a Bible student, I’ve tried to avoid the end of time predictions we find in Old Testament prophesy, & the Apocalypse teaching in the New Testament. But a notable & prolific Biblical scholar Dr. Tim La Haye has an excellent book called “Are We Living in the End Times?” (copyright 1999, which only means it’s later still.) Now there are 4 main schools of Revelation: Preterist – its mysterious content done early – 300-400 years after Christ. Historical – it’s content done over the last 1900 years or so. Spiritual – its content is meant to be taken symbolically of the spiritual good vs. evil conflict in this world. Then the Futural School – the events of the last days of Earth as we know it. Dr. La Haye has done a great job explaining Revelation & many other related parts of scripture in the Futural school of thought – that we are close to the end of time. That “end times” interpretation of Old & New Testament scripture clearly teaches:
- A general decline of godly standards globally “As it were in the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man.” Matthew 24:37
- The rapture of the Church, - The “Blessed Hope” this is the hardcore element of Christian doctrine that says all Christians will be taken out BEFORE all hell breaks loose. But it is previewed by the translation of Elijah 2 Kings 2, and Christ himself after His resurrection & witnessed by 500 people. For the nutshell reference see Thessalonians 4:16-17, but other glimpses of this doctrine are Isaiah 26:20 “Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the wrath is past.” Matthew 24:40-41 “Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.”
- Seven years of TRIBULATION worldwide, with disease, famine, fast moving wars, etc. Jesus said “If those days had not been shortened, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.” Matthew 24:22 That 7 years of various judgments of God worldwide is ordained to purge sin & hate from planet earth. Revelation chapters 6-16
- 144,000 Jews promoting a global REVIVAL with extreme satanic opposition. Matthew 24:14, Revelation 7
- Resurrected Moses & Elijah (my view of who those “two witnesses” are. See Matthew 17), in the streets of Jerusalem in the face of world view – TV cameras?? Revelation 11
- The charismatic Antichrist world leader that proclaims himself to be God. Daniel 11 & Revelation 13
- Then a major attack on Israel resulting in the “battle of Armageddon”, where Christ’s angelic forces are victorious. Luke 21:20, Rev. 19
- Finally the physical return of Jesus Christ “The Glorious Appearing” to set up His 1000 year peaceful & prosperous reign according to prophecy. Isaiah 11, Micah 4, Zechariah 8 & 14, Revelation 20
So especially in the last days, “The Flying Woodstove”, or “As the Whirled Burns” is only good theology. I know many prefer not to believe such hard-to-believe and dramatic concepts as the above, but if the world had a miraculous beginning, why wouldn’t it have a miraculous end?? Does God have no style? (I think He has a lot of style! Just no competition see link 102.) And this planet is clearly overpopulated with ungodly & hateful humans – why wouldn’t God end it dramatically?? I have studied the scriptures for at least 44 years, & the Biblical drama of the end is more credible to me now than ever before. And basically the message of ALL end-time prophecy is simply that our Biblical God finally wins. What’s wrong with that? Well, “As the Whirled Burns”, whose team are you on, God’s or the World’s?? Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.” John 14:6 Choose Jesus, He is alive.
Many other interesting titles: www.gospelnotes.net – index is link 1 * * F.J. Stone * *