The New America
Most people are familiar with the “Old America” – a place of freedom, justice, opportunity, individualism, national pride, honest politics, etc. Many old patriotic & religious songs were born – “This Land is Your Land”, “America the Beautiful”, “God Bless America”. Don’t hear those anymore it seems. Now we have people who take this land for granted & seem to focus only on its faults. We even have a president (no. 44) who never was personally inconvenienced with military service to fight for freedom or its principles, but goes around the world apologizing for the U.S. influence for freedom, peace & order (which cost us hundreds of thousands of servicemen’s lives in our bloody wars since 1776). Well, now we have a “New America” with the below listed features of “change”.
- disregard for those founding principles & even the constitution.
- national decline & major federal debt from reckless waste of tax dollars.
- giving our national Judaeo/Christian faith second class standing & putting any “other” faith on better standing. Then atheism is university approved.
- legalized street drugs which produce precious little benefit to society. (“Medical marijuana” is a 97% false argument.) See Isaiah 5:20-21
- a Supreme Court that no longer has the courage to define right & wrong, but signs off on popular opinion – even if not the majority P. O.
- homosexual marriage is now as legal & govt. approved as the natural style invented & blessed by God.
- government rules & regulations & political correctness nearly to the point of Nazi Germany.
- real estate values very unstable – some down like a lead balloon.
- how about putting combat boots on liberated young ladies? (I can’t think of a better way to weaken line units – unless it was to verify gay soldiers which we have also done. . .)
Well, “change” can be a good & useful thing unless it is moving in the wrong direction. How about changing the baby with a diaper WORSE than the first one? And when we quit time & reason honored traditions of truth, industry, moral & religious integrity, family & economic integrity, etc., we have gone in that wrong direction. I think we are past “love it or leave it” – now its “love it or lose it”, which is exactly what the secular progressive folks are setting us up for. Thanks Obama. . . I would like to believe our America is too secure or holy to collapse, but reason doesn’t support that hope. Scripture says this about a nation (or individual’s) health & security:
- Proverbs 14:34 “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”
- Jeremiah 2:11 "Has a nation changed its gods, even though they are no gods? But my people have changed their glory for that which does not profit."
- Psalms 33:12 “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!” (see Deuteronomy 28 for a sobering word on God’s Blessing & Curse.)
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
I really don’t like to write negative essays, but the New America from a Biblical point of view is not a positive or a new thing – apostasy, decadence, & decline have been around a long time. But hopefully we can get back on the right track. It is a Biblical principal that “change” has to start with the individual. Have YOU looked up for God’s regenerating touch? This is Christ’s message of hope for “whosoever will.” Jesus said, “If a man (or woman) loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.” John 14:23 That is the kind of fundamental “change” we need to restore hope on the small scale & the large. And if the “New America” crashes & burns, the saved individual (you) will come out fine in the end. Choose Jesus, He is alive. Promote God’s blessing on your life, and be a part of the solution on the large scale of the nation.
Many other Titles: www.gospelnotes.net – index is link 1 * * F. J. Stone * *