What’s In The House?
There appears to be lots of things in the typical house/home. You will have furniture & appliances, beds, TV/stereo, clothing, wall pictures, house plants, dogs, cats, mice, & maybe a few bugs. (Possibly a certain amount of dirt & slime & debris for messy folks.) But are there unseen elements?
Jesus C. dealt with unseen entities all the time in the 4 gospels – mostly demons. Today they still exist, and often create bizarre behavior as they did then, 2,000 years ago. I believe that behavior today is different in manifestation to fit modern times & thought. Besides promoting the works of the flesh mentioned by Paul the Apostle – “. . . sorcery, hatred, quarreling, jealousy, anger, selfishness, slander . . .,” demons also promote incest & gender confusion. Now less than 2% of gender confusion is physical, “ambiguous genitalia” according to medical books. The vast majority is a mental “disorientation” & I believe mostly demon influenced. How could the god of this world & spiritual adversary of humans more effectively foul the fabric of society than by tampering with God given gender assignments??
Other problems in the house from negative spiritual influence would be excessive sickness (see Psalm 91), drug & alcohol abuse/habits, general bad luck, and even our animals can be affected – often pets can reflect the evil spirit/attitude of the folks they are close to. However, demons can be friendly fellows as long as there is no inclination towards J.C. & His church & value system. From a Biblical point of view, if we allow these evil entities to dwell with us, it cannot bode well for our home OR our eternal souls . . . And I know this material may be offensive, but it does square with my past 45 years Christian study & experience, with what I see now, and scripture teaching. I also know the atheist mind says all this is bunk, BUT they say all creation & life forms happened by chance, which is much harder to believe.
Probably a strong reason I fear our homes can have uninvited entities is an experience of mine in the fall of ’69 in a California dorm room – see link 34 “The Demon”. I “saw” that character, & he wasn’t offering hope or truth, to say the least . . . I wasn’t close to, or seeking God which is why he came in. They say “nature abhors a vacuum,” well w/o welcoming the Biblical God in our dwellings, we can expect un-holy entities. For the sake of contrast in this essay, The Blessing of God is what folks should want for their house/home. See Psalm 128 for a brief summary. Long before David’s time the Blessing is mentioned by Moses:
- Genesis 39:5 “. . . the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had, in house and field.”
- Deuteronomy 28:6 “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.”
- Zachariah 5:3-4 “This is the curse . . . and it shall enter the house of the thief, and the house of him who swears falsely by my name; and it shall abide in his house and consume it . . .” (demons??)
- Isaiah 13:21 “But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.” (Beautiful symbolism, and this may also speak of the condition of the US after it falls completely to godless liberalism.)
- Mark 3:25 “if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.” (Words of Christ)
- James 4:7-8 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. . .”
- Revelation 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” (The resurrected J.C. said that.)
Choose Jesus & His Spirit, they are alive, and are much better house guests. See also link 66 “The Blessing & the Curse”
Many other Titles: www.gospelnotes.net – link 0 is Index * * F. J. Stone * *